Terms & Conditions of Hire
Terms & Conditions of hire – please read this document carefully.
It is the responsibility of the customer to ensure that all possible steps are taking to avoid injury or damage to the inflatable. While Kiddie Castles provides safe equipment, which is erected in a safe manner, users do so at entirely their own risk. Superiors should ensure that all users are aware of this, also no irresponsible behaviour occurs.
General terms of business:
- A reservation made with Kiddie Castles will only become a firm booking upon receipt of a £10.00 deposit, unless otherwise stated.
- Full payment of all items is expected on or before delivery of the unit. Failure to provide payment on delivery may result in the hire being declined and loss of deposit.
- If the customer cancels a booking having paid a deposit, the deposit will be retained by Kiddie Castles.
- If bad weather causes the hire to be cancelled by either party the deposit will be retained by Kiddie Castles, but can be claimed against a future booking.
- Kiddie Castles will not be held liable for any incidental damage to property incurred during delivery, erection or collection, such as damage to turf, plants, flooring etc. or damage incurred accessing the site.
- The principle hirer accepts full and complete responsibility for all loss or damage to all or any of the equipment hired whilst it is in their custody and control. The cost of repairing any damage incurred will be charged to the hirer at Kiddie Castle’s discretion.
- If any equipment fails to work properly during the hire, please contact us immediately. If we are not informed of any defect until we arrive to collect the equipment, no refund or partial refund will be given. In the event of any equipment failure, the equipment must not be used and safe evacuation of any inflatable must occur.
Bouncy Castle Venue:
- It is the customer’s responsibility to ensure that the venue is suitable for the equipment being hired. Whilst we will give advice on what is required from a venue, (e.g. height requirement) if the venue is deemed unsuitable after we have arrived to set up the equipment, the customer will be liable for the full cost of the hire.
- All inflatables are suitable for indoor and outdoor use. However, we cannot erect equipment on hard surfaces outside, where anchor pins cannot be Ballast bags are unsuitable for outside hires.
- The site must be cleared of all toys, debris, animal mess before arrival.
- The customer must ensure that there are no overhanging branches or objects where the inflatable is to be sited.
- The hirer must ensure that sufficient space is available for the inflatable. A space of at least 1.8 metres must be allowed around each closed wall of the inflatable with a space of at least 3.5 metres required in front of any entrance/ exit point.
- The hirer must ensure access to a suitable power supply – 240 v /13amp within 20 metres, unless an extended cable allowance is discussed prior to the event.
- When situated at a licensed premises, the inflatable should be in a fenced off or in a sectioned off area, which must be kept free from glass.
Suppliers / erectors responsibility.
We shall deliver, erect and test each unit before use. We shall risk assess the unit in its site specific environment.
We will test for the following points.
- All anchor points are intact and not damaged. – Anchor ropes are not worn or chaffed.
- Anchor stakes and their location remain sound for continued use. -The wall to tower fixings are not torn.
- There are no holes or rips in the surface or seams of the bed and step / front apron.
- When fully inflated all walls and towers are firm and upright and the pressure in the bed and step / front apron are sufficient to give a reliable and firm footing.
- The blower has no exposed wires or lose bolts, screws etc. and that the mesh guards over the air inlet and outlet are secured and intact.
- Electric cables are not worn or chaffed and that plugs, sockets and switches are not damaged. An RCD (residual current device) will be connected at the mains socket.
- Safety matting will be provided for all entrance / exit points.
Hirers / Supervisors Responsibility. The Hirer must:
- Ensure that the equipment is supervised by a competent adult over the age of 18 at all times and that these Terms and Conditions are complied with.
- Ensure that no persons under the influence of drugs or alcohol supervise or use any of the equipment at any time.
- Ensure that all users remove their footwear (except socks) and any other hard, sharp or dangerous objects from their persons such as buckles, pens, purses, etc.
- Ensure that users wear suitable clothing, with no part that could restrict the users’ movements or constrict any part of their body.
- Must not allow anyone to sit on or bounce on the front safety step. This should be used as an area to mount / dismount the inflatable only.
- Must not allow anyone to climb or hang on the walls, inside or out.
- Must not allow users who are taller than the outside walls when standing on the inflated bouncing surface to use the device.
- Must be proactive and use a whistle or other device and take action at the first sign of any misbehaviour. Somersaults are strictly prohibited.
- Must not allow anyone to be on the inflatable during inflation or deflation as this is extremely dangerous.
- Must ensure that safety mats are used and kept in position.
- Must not allow animals on the inflatable
- It is strictly prohibited to move/ re-site or tamper with the inflatables, blowers, cables or any other equipment in any way.
- Ensure that larger or more boisterous children should be segregated from small ones and a number of users at any one time should be limited to the figure which allows each user enough room to play safely. Where an adult unit is supplied, adults and children should not use the inflatable at the same time.
- It is strictly prohibited to purposely make any of the equipment wet.
- If the inflatable is deflated, the power supply should be switched off at the mains.
- Must ensure that blowers are kept dry at all times and that the blower / power supply is never tampered with. The vents of the blower must always be kept clear.
- In a crowded area, the supervisor must ensure suitable crowd control where onlookers do not obstruct the supervisor’s view of the unit or interfere with the equipment. In the event that the blower stops working, please ensure all users get off the inflatable immediately. The blower connection has a safety reset button on the RCD at the mains plug, try pressing this, also make sure that the blower tube has not come undone or been obstructed. In the event that it overheats or loses power, switch the blower off at the mains, then switch it back on again two minutes later and it should restart, if it does not, please contact us as soon as possible.
- A shower cover does not offer complete wet weather protection. The unit must not be used in heavy or persistent rain.
- This equipment has been designed for indoor / outdoor conditions. However, when wet the equipment may become slippery and therefore increase the possibility of injury to the users. In such cases the equipment should be deflated.
- After rain, upon re-inflating the unit, towels should be used to dry the bouncing surface or the unit should be given enough time to dry naturally before use resumes.
- In high winds the equipment must be deflated. If the inflatable is anchored in the ground, a wind factor of up to 24 mph is acceptable.
- If the inflatable is deflated, the power supply should be switched off at the mains.
- In extremely high temperatures the unit surfaces can become very hot. The supervisor must restrict use accordingly as excessively hot surfaces can cause injury.
- All inflatable units are supplied with a copy of these terms and conditions and relevant operating instructions. You will also be supplied with an accident / incident folder. Please use this folder to record in detail any occurrence pertinent to the hire of this equipment, particularly if an injury is sustained. Please record the personal details of anyone affected in such an incident. Of course, you are also welcome to record any other comments, positive or constructive, or suggestions of what would enhance our service to you.
These Terms and Conditions have been written in accordance with European Safety Standard BSEN14960.
If you have any concerns about this document or would like to discuss any of these issues further please contact me.
The cost of delivering to a particular area will be discussed during the booking process. We may be able to deliver outside the areas available on our website. If you are outside of the areas shown on our website, please contact us to see if we can help you out.
If we are unable to provide your delivery due to adverse weather, vehicle failure, illness or any other factor, we will inform you of this at the earliest possible opportunity. Delivery times can be arranged during the booking process.
Please ensure that there is adequate space for our products, that the location our products will be sited is accessible, and that you have cleared the area of mess and debris. We will be unable to provide a refund if we cannot deliver your product due to a lack of space or accessibility or due to an inappropriate location.